Tuesday, June 7, 2016

WSET Diploma Update

Believe it or not, I am almost halfway done with my WEST studies.  I started in July of 2015 and really had no idea what I was getting into and what to expect.  Fast forward and I have taken 4 exams and completed a research paper.  Only 2 exams remain before I finish my WSET studies!

Here is a breakdown of where I stand:

Unit 1: The Business of Wine and Spirits
     Case Study PASSED
     Research Paper AWAITING RESULTS

Unit 2: Viticulture & Vinification PASSED

Unit 3: Still Wines of the World SESSIONS BEGIN IN OCTOBER; EXAM JUNE 2017

Unit 4: Spirits PASSED

Unit 5: Sparkling Wines PASSED

Unit 6: Fortified Wines EXAM JUNE 14TH

I am happy to report that I have passed all of the Diploma exams that I have taken this far.  Considering that I do not work in the wine biz and do not have access to wine on a daily basis, I am extremely proud!  When I walked into class last July and we all shared a little about ourselves, most of my 18 cohorts shared that they work in the business.  I felt like an underdog and was a bit intimidated.  I was pretty sure I'd have to study a lot more and spend more time on things than my classmates.  Whether I am doing that or not, something is working!

My time now is spent preparing for the Fortified Wines exam on June 14th.  With fortified wines we study Sherry (from Spain), Port (from Portugal), Madeira (from the island of the same name), and a few other fortifieds including: vin doux naturel from a few regions in France and Australia's Rutherglen Muscat.

I will report back once I sit my fortified exam on Tuesday June 14th.  Until then.......  


8 comments:

  1. Good job lil'face! You are a genius, real genius! I'll be prayin' for a great test result for you...Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job lil'face! You are a genius, real genius! I'll be prayin' for a great test result for you...Love you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that my only comment on this blog post is from my mom. Thanks 'Ma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All my experience is now evaluated with work experience degree and I can easily say that it is the best thing that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much as you have been willing to share information with us. We will forever admire all you have done here because you have made my work as easy as ABC. fake diploma review

    ReplyDelete
  6. Outstanding article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject. I will visit daily your blog because I know. It may be very beneficial for me. novelty diplomas

    ReplyDelete
  7. When you have discovered all that you can about your online decision of a school, you'll realize that the diploma or degree you acquire is genuine and will be recognized in reality. fake diploma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Despite the fact that it is exceptionally dangerous to purchase, numerous individuals are obtaining counterfeit secondary school recognitions either to get an advancement or to change professions. buy degree

    ReplyDelete